Expert Snacking Tips to stay Fueled!
Joel Harper is a NYC-based personal trainer who has trained everyone from Olympic gold medalists to ten-year-olds wanting fun ways to get fit and stay healthy.
KEEPING FUELED UP AND ENERGIZED!
Do you want to be energized all day, every day? Is that really possible? Yes! Without a doubt it is. My goal is to help you reach your maximum athletic potential and build better eating habits to last throughout your lifetime. I find that all of us know what to eat and what not to eat. Then what’s the problem? I have heard every mistake and excuse there is, but at the top of the list is, “I’m too busy” and “there are not enough healthy options available”. Well, I am going to make it easier and simpler for you. You can make it automated by having healthy items at your fingertips easily optimizing your energy levels.
My top Tips:
- I fill my refrigerator on Sunday for the week
- I always have lots of snacks in my bag, 24/7. You never know when any of life’s unexpected interruptions will occur, so always have nutritious items to share. It’s a great way to turn a stranger into a friend and leave someone smiling.
- I only eat when I’m hungry
- I always stop eating when I’m satisfied
My top Picks:
- ALWAYS IN MY BACKPACK:
- PROMAX FIT N’ CRISP BAR-Vanilla Marshmallow: Enormous amount of protein-13 grams, calcium, and iron. Peanut free and contains no artificial sweeteners.
- ALWAYS IN MY REFRIGERATOR:
- APPLEGATE ORGANIC COLD CUTS and CHEESE: No antibiotics, animals are vegetarian feed, grass fed cattle, never given hormones, minimally processed, and gluten and casein free. Great when I am in a hurry in the morning or as an afternoon snack.
- ORGANIC VALLEY EGGS: High in protein, vitamin A, calcium, and iron
- MORNING SNACK:
- GNU BAR-Blueberry Cobbler Bar: Very high in Fiber- 6 whole grains. Helps curb your cravings by making you feel fuller longer.
- RAW CRUNCH/Dark Chocolate: Organic, gluten free, includes potassium, fiber, and protein.
- AFTERNOON SNACKS:
- NUTTZO Nut-butter Spread on a banana or apple: Organic, full of protein and Omega 3s.
- PURE BAR-Coconut/banana: Organic, gluten-free, non-GMO & vegan, fiber, potassium and protein.
- LATE NIGHT SNACK:
- BUMBLE BAR-Original Peanut: Organic, gluten free, includes iron, vitamin E, and fiber.
- ALL DAY LONG SNACKS:
- PEELED SNACKS/Much-to-do-about-Mango Unsweetened Dried Mango: Good source of fiber, Vitamin A and Vitamin C with NO sugar or preservatives, gluten-free, and non GMO. Satisfies my sweet cravings without leaving me feeling drained.
- SOMERSAULTS/Cinnamon Crunch-fiber, protein, vitamin E and Iron.
- HEALTH WARRIOR-ACAI BERRY- Chia seeds- full of Omega 3s with fiber and antioxidants.
- LARABAR-Coconut Cream Pie: Fiber, calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- PEANUT BUTTER & CO./Dark Chocolate Squeeze Packs: Protein, fiber and iron.
See Joel’s website for more: http://www.joelharperfitness.com/